|Version 8 (modified by andrew, 7 years ago) (diff)|
This is South, intelligent schema migrations for Django apps.
- Have a read about South, and see why we think you should use it.
- Download the latest release and have a play with South.
- Once you've downloaded it, have a look through the tutorial or the documentation.
- Read about contributing to South.
- Subscribe to the South news feed.
The latest version of South is 0.2, released on 9th August 2008, but we've made some backwards-incompatable changes since. Please hold on for a bit while we finish them off; you can get the latest code from subversion in the meantime.
South brings intelligent and robust migrations to Django. As well as being lightweight, it also integrates with syncdb to only synchronise non-migrated apps, has a lightweight database operation abstraction layer to make migrations database-independent, will autogenerate the initial migrations from your models.py, and works out when you have migrations applied out-of-order or missing and lets you fix them.