|Version 28 (modified by andrew, 6 years ago) (diff)|
It's easy to convert your app over to use South.
- Intelligent; it knows if you've missed out a migration or two
- Database independent, so there's no hassle if you need to move databases.
- Easy; it can write migrations for you.
- Designed for a pluggable Django world; you can declare dependencies between apps so they all migrate together correctly, and you can still use syncdb for your non-migrated apps without it interfering.
- Useful for data too; you can write migrations to transform legacy data.
- Have a read about South, and see why we think you should use it.
- Download the latest release and have a play with South; you might want to read the South Quick Start Guide
- Once you've downloaded it, have a look through the tutorial or the documentation.
- If you have general questions or want to see how others are using South, see our Mailing List or try #django-south on freenode
- Read about contributing to South.
- Subscribe to the South news feed.
- Donate to help make South even better!