|Version 13 (modified by andrew, 4 years ago) (diff)|
- Intelligent; it knows if you've missed out a migration or two
- Database independent, so there's no hassle if you need to move databases.
- Easy; it can write migrations for you, and it takes about a minute to convert your app over to use South.
- Designed for a pluggable Django world; you can declare dependencies between apps so they all migrate together correctly, and you can still use syncdb for your non-migrated apps without it interfering.
- Better (we think, anyway) than the alternatives.