|Version 11 (modified by andrew, 7 years ago) (diff)|
This is South, intelligent schema migrations for Django apps.
- Intelligent; it knows if you've missed out a migration or two
- Database independent, so there's no hassle if you need to move databases.
- Easy; it can write migrations for you, and it takes about a minute to convert your app over to use South.
- Designed for a pluggable Django world; you can declare dependencies between apps so they all migrate together correctly, and you can still use syncdb for your non-migrated apps without it interfering.
- Better (we think, anyway) than the alternatives.
- Have a read about South, and see why we think you should use it.
- Download the latest release and have a play with South.
- Once you've downloaded it, have a look through the tutorial or the documentation.
- Read about contributing to South.
- Subscribe to the South news feed.
The latest version of South is 0.2, released on 9th August 2008, but we've made some backwards-incompatible changes since. Please hold on for a bit while we finish them off; you can get the latest code from subversion in the meantime.