|Version 1 (modified by andrew, 5 years ago) (diff)|
This documentation is for 0.6; the documentation for newer releases has been moved to Sphinx, and is at http://south.aeracode.org/docs/
The new tutorial is now a complete quadrilogy. If you have any feedback, please get in touch using the methods below in Support.
It is intended to be a good reference as well as a tutorial, and contains much new advice, so even more experienced South users will benefit from chapters 2 onwards.
- Frequently Asked Questions (and general troubleshooting)
- Converting an app over to South
- Migration Structure, and how to write them
- Dependencies, and how they work
- Database API, how to interact with databases from within migrations
- Command Reference, how to interact with South from the console
- Unit Test Integration, because you're all writing lots of unit tests, like good coders
- ORM Freezing, or how to use the ORM inside migrations (0.5 and up)
- Autodetection of changes to models.py files (0.5 and up)
- Generic Relations, and how they work with South.
- Settings that affect South's behaviour.
- Extending Introspection to add rules for your custom fields, and third-party apps (0.6.2 and up)
- Fixtures and fitting them into your migration structure.